Although by no means the first, eau de cologne from the 4711 brand is the best known. It is a floral, not so spicy cologne.
– 50 ml Cosmetic hair water
– 14 drops of EO Bergamot FCF (org)
– 8 drops EO Lemon CP (org)
– 5 drops EO Orange Sweet CP (org)
– 5 drops EO Petitgrain Paraguay
– 3 drops FO Farmers Jasmine
– 2 drops FO French Rose
– 2 drops FO Lavender Bulgaria (org)
– 1 ml Orange flower water
– Perfume bottle E4 Cilindro 50 ml
– Atomizer or cap Black E4
– Dropping pipette plastic 1 and 3 ml: at least 8 x 1 ml and 1 x 3 ml, but it is recommended to buy more, reuse of these plastic pipettes is difficult. A 10 ml bottle of an EO (essential oil) or FO (fragrance oil) usually contains about 200 drops.
Fill perfume bottle Cilindro with about 40 ml of cosmetic hair water, this is not very precise. Use a plastic 3 ml dropper for this, which is easier than a small funnel. Then add the other raw materials one after the other. Finally, top up the bottle with cosmetic hair water until it is nicely filled. When using an atomizer: the riser of the atomizer must be cut to size, the riser takes up space, so do not fill the bottle completely. Make sure that the pipettes are not mixed up, otherwise the lavender oil may smell like lemon and the petitgrain oil smells like jasmine.
Eau de cologne does not need to be preserved, because of the high percentage of alcohol it cannot spoil. However, due to the effect of oxygen from the air, high temperature and too much (sun) light, it can still go bad. Store it (like other perfumes) cool, dry and dark in a tightly closed container. Usually the smell gets a little better after storage, when it is 3-6 months old it is usually at its best, but if properly stored it normally lasts at least a year, sometimes (much) longer.